Okelberry Family

Okelberry Family

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

There and Back Again

I was SO nervous for our trip to Colorado. I was looking forward to the time there, but I was scared to death about how Emmy (who starts saying "out" after being the car for 1 minute) would do on our two 8 hour trips. Turns out, she's a better traveler than I am! I had gotten a couple of new toys for her and brought lots of food, and we were good to go!









And I'm especially grateful that she was able to take naps. When she started acting fussy, I'd just give her her binky and her blanket and Brett would pop in the "Lullabies of Jesus" CD that she listens to when she falls asleep at home, and she'd be out within 5-10 minutes. Yay!








We went to visit Julie, Matt, Dallin, and Spencer (my sister, her husband and their boys 2 and 4), but the reason we drove 8 hours there instead of waiting a week for them to move to Logan was that we wanted to see Rocky Mountain National Park which is just a 30 minute drive from their apartment. (As a funny sidenote, both Brett and I thought the other person hadn't been to Rocky Mountain when both of us had! We're such great communicators!)





So, it turned out that we should have gone last summer. The road was open in the park, but the trials were still covered with about 2 feet of snow. Since we hadn't brought our ice axes and crampons (that we don't even own!), we didn't do much hiking! What we could see was beautiful, and we plan to go back at a later date...a summertime later date!






Emmy did not like the snow, rain, and hail that kept falling from the sky. We kept her hoods on, but she still managed to get two pieces of hail in her ear! I would have gotten a picture, but she was a bit upset about it.


However, Emmy did thoroughly enjoy playing with her cousins. She'd do her excited, hyperventilating, breathing in noise every morning when she heard them when she woke up. They were so cute with her, and we are so exciting to have them live closer! We were so busy all the time, that I didn't get a good picture of the three of them together, so I'll ahve to post one later.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad your trip went well!! And the pics are great! If your in Logan anytime between mid-August to December you should stop by lol!