Okelberry Family

Okelberry Family

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Do as I'm Doing

Emmy is becoming quite the leader...and follower. When we visited cousin Madi on Sunday, Emmy had fun playing with her since she can sit up now. We were doing Patty Cake, and Emmy was doing all of the actions. When we started doing it again, Emmy sat right in front of Madi and clapped. When Madi didn't follow suit, Emmy looked her straight in the eyes, clapped, and said, "Madi, Madi" as if to say "Come on, Madi. It's time to clap your hands." She'll have that 6 month old clapping before too long!

Last night we sang Primary songs for Family Home Evening. We sang "Do as I'm Doing" for the first time. We patted our heads first. Emmy watched us for a while then climbed up next to me on the couch and started patting my head! She was doing what I was doing; what more could we ask for?

2 comments:

Christy said...

Maybe I should try singing the song while cleaning my house and picking up the dirty clothes the kids have left all over. That is probably what I have been doing wrong all along! No singing!

Amy Anderson said...

That's darling! So cute!