Brett is off to the Uintas to conquer Kings Peak. I have to admit that I am SO glad it's not me out there surviving for 5 days with only what I can carry on my back. Brett was excited but a little nervous about the whole thing. I just keep praying for him and for the boys that this can be a good experience for all of them. I don't want them to just endure the 5 days; I want it to be a positive, growing experience. Brett was in charge of the spiritual part of the camp and used the theme "The Path of Nephi." He wrote up spiritual thoughts for each morning drawing parallels between Nephi's journey with his family and their hike this week. I hope the boys really listen and think about what he says because he has some really great stuff. (I like my sneak peeks at stuff like that.) His advisor made a flag for them to carry with them with symbols (that Brett designed, yeah, he's pretty amazing) that represent the four lessons he's using for the thoughts.
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
My Hiker
Brett is off to the Uintas to conquer Kings Peak. I have to admit that I am SO glad it's not me out there surviving for 5 days with only what I can carry on my back. Brett was excited but a little nervous about the whole thing. I just keep praying for him and for the boys that this can be a good experience for all of them. I don't want them to just endure the 5 days; I want it to be a positive, growing experience. Brett was in charge of the spiritual part of the camp and used the theme "The Path of Nephi." He wrote up spiritual thoughts for each morning drawing parallels between Nephi's journey with his family and their hike this week. I hope the boys really listen and think about what he says because he has some really great stuff. (I like my sneak peeks at stuff like that.) His advisor made a flag for them to carry with them with symbols (that Brett designed, yeah, he's pretty amazing) that represent the four lessons he's using for the thoughts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow that flag looks awesome. He IS pretty talented. If you guys wanna come up tomorrow or Friday for a swim, just call me- we'd love to! Saturday we will probably be moving more stuff. Call if you need anything!
What a great Scout leader! Now, did he friend really make the flag, or was it his friend's wife? ;)
P.S. I went private with my blog and didn't have your email address to invite you. Email me (stacy.pettersen@gmail.com) and I'll send you the link!
Post a Comment