But I finally had my camera out with another adult handy, so here is me at 32 weeks! I feel way bigger than this, so this picture made me feel a little better. Maybe it's not so massive as I feel like it is!
The doctor was actually worried at my last appointment 4 weeks ago because I was measuring small for the second month in a row. So he sent me in for another ultrasound. This was right before we left for San Diego, and I am so glad that I got in before we left because the two days between the appointment and the ultrasound were filled with worry and what if's. But the ultrasound showed that she is measuring right on for her due date and there is enough amniotic fluid. Whew! That was such a relief, and it was fun to get another peek at our little girl even though she wouldn't let us get a good face shot. Silly girl! I just have to wait until she comes in June, and I hate waiting for surprises!
This baby has not been a super mover, and she squirms a lot more than kicks. So Emmy hasn't gotten to feel her very well yet. A couple of days ago, the baby got the hiccups and was tapping consistently, so I had Emmy feel. She said she could feel it, but it's hard to know for sure because she tells me the baby is thumping when she is actually not.
Emmy has quite the connection with this baby and went through a stage where she would "take the baby out" of my tummy and rock her or put her down for naps. We actually had quite the ordeal getting out of the house one morning because Emmy had put the baby down for a nap in her room, and we needed to take her car seat with us so the baby would be safe. I finally convinced her to put the baby back in my tummy so she could be safe as we drove.
Tonight Emmy and watched the video Brett's mom took of Emmy right after she was born. It shows her bath, first shot, first time meeting the aunts and uncles, etc. At the end of the movie, Emmy turned to me and said, "I want our baby to be born right now! Watching this movie makes me want her to come out of your tummy now." My thoughts exactly! We really are getting excited for this little girl to join our family, and I'm very glad that we only have 7 1/2-ish weeks to wait!
1 comment:
That is so sweet that Emmy liked her video and wanted the baby to come now! Great idea for getting her ready and even more excited. It'll be here before you know it!
Post a Comment