I have to go feed Abby now, but I had to post and spread the great news!
Monday, June 7, 2010
She's Here!!!
Introducing Abigail Lynn! She was born on June 6 at 1:09 am. She weighed 6 lbs 6 oz and was 18 inches long. She is absolutely perfect, and we are so happy to have her here!
Emmy was SO excited when I talked to her early Sunday morning and told her that her baby sister was born. She just giggled. And then when she got to meet her in the hospital, she kept saying, "Our baby is here! My baby sister is here! She finally came!"
Here's Brett and I with Abby just minutes after she was born. We look awfully chipper for 1 am! Abby did wait until Brett got back from Youth Conference. He arrived home at 4 on Saturday and I was already in early labor. We headed to the hospital at 11:30 and then she came an hour and a half later. After camping for two nights for Youth Conference and then our very eventful night with her birth, poor Brett was thoroughly exhausted, but we are grateful she waited so he could be there!
My sister drove down from Logan to help with the birth. She was an amazing doula!
I had decided to try to go natural since I did not have a good experience with an epidural last time. (I couldn't feel at all to push and then hurt myself that resulted in a horrible UTI that took 3 weeks and 6 antibiotics to get rid of.) I figured a few hours of pain was better than the weeks of awful pain I had before. I'll write the whole birth story another time when I am not quite so exhausted, but here's the highlights: I labored at home in the tub and in bed and then we headed to the hospital at 11:30pm. When we checked in, I was elated to find I was already at a 7. That was my dream! I knew I could handle the last few centimeters, and it was probably too late for an epidural anyway. I was at an 8 when the doctor got there. He broke my water which made the contractions even more painful..and productive. We pushed for 3 contractions once I was at a 10 and then Abby was born! I was shocked that I had done it all naturally! And I was pretty darn proud of myself, too! Then the shock came when I had to be stitched up and even with a local anesthetic, it hurt so bad! I was such a wuss for that part. But the sharp, stinging pain was way harder to relax through, and I was done with the hard part (I thought). I had my baby, and anymore pain was pointless.
I have to go feed Abby now, but I had to post and spread the great news!
I have to go feed Abby now, but I had to post and spread the great news!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
16 comments:
Congratulations!!!!!!! She is beautiful! If you want newborn pictures let me know. I would love to see you. I think the sewing up was the most painful part and the healing from it was worse. Did they give you the squirt toy? Good luck!
CONGRATS! She is an absolute doll and you look amazing for just giving birth! Way to go! Hope you are all getting some very needed and deserved sleep. :-) Can't wait to see more pictures!
Congratulations!! She is so cute and what a perfect little size! You are AMAZING for going natural! I hope your recovery is easy - please let me know if you need big sister to come play - I'm sure my girls would love to entertain her!
Congratulations! She is beautiful.
Congratulations! She's perfect!
Way to go natural! And I agree...being stitched up is the worst part. My doctor here actually said, "You just went through labour just fine and now you are complaining about a few little stitches?"
Yeah. I. Am. Want me to kick you while you're down there? Oi!
Enjoy your new little one!
Yay Yay Yay Yay Yay Yay!!!! Congrats! Talk about the best birthday in the whole world! And to be 6 pounds 6 ounces on top of it?! SWEET! And I love love love her name! How cute!!! I can't wait to meet her! I'm sorry we didn't hang out before she came, but let me know when you're up for visitors. We're finally in the process of moving! :) And I am sooo impressed you went natural! Wow! You're amazing!
oh, and p.s.- I didn't think anyone was allowed to look so cute right after giving birth! You look great!
Hooray!! :) She's beautiful! Way to go getting it done naturally-that's tough!
Hey, congratulations you guys. That's awesome!
So adorable:) Enjoy her and get rest when you can! We'll miss you at the reunion.
Congratulations:)
Congrats on you beautiful new baby daughter!!! I can't wait to meet her. Becca you look like you just got out of your church clothes, not like you just birthed a baby! I always looked rather haggard. I hope this "natural" experience was a good one. Way to be brave! Love, Aunt Polly
HURRAY! I am so glad that she is here and that everything went well. She looks beautiful and I can't wait to meet her in person. Good luck with the recovery and adjustment!!
Congratulations! What adorable daughters you have! It is so precious to see Emmy with her new baby sister. I was wondering if you'd be calling her Abby, like you call Ember Emmy. Way to go natural and yes stitches are NO fun. How many did you have to have? You look amazing for just giving birth!!!! My face was completely swollen and I popped a blood vessel in my eye from pushing so hard. NOT a pretty sight! SO happy for you guys and that Brett was able to be there for it.:)
Congratulations to everyone! She's precious! Hope that the transition at home goes well!
Congratulations! She is beautiful and has a beautiful name! I am glad all came out okay. A natural birth is a wonderful sense of accomplishment! Try to rest and heal up! - Ruth
Congratulations! Rebecca was very excited that Emmy has her own baby sister now, too. I'm glad you're doing well, and I'm way impressed that you managed all that labor on your own.
Post a Comment