Okelberry Family

Okelberry Family

Friday, July 1, 2011

All About Abby

I really should be in bed, but I keep staying up too late doing other things (generally good things) that I am never blogging. (But don't you worry; I still manage to keep up on all y'all's blogs!)
Here is a post dedicated to the pictures I took of Abby in June and meant to blog about.
I attempted to do Abby's hair, and this is how it turned out. She does, in fact, have enough hair to put a rubber band (or two) in, but it's still pretty sparse!
And when it's all pulled back like that, she really doesn't have anything up front and looks even balder than usual. It was fun to do, but it's not worth the effort everyday. I'm trying to be grateful I only have one girl's hair to do for 9:00 church!
We celebrated Strawberry Days here in PG a few weeks ago, and I when I saw this dress back in May, I had to buy it for Abby! Isn't she darling in it? (And the mouse from our old computer is WAY more interesting than smiling for a picture!)
This picture is more of a thank you to my mom. She made these darling matching ruffled skirts for my girls, and I love them!
The reason Abby is sitting in the mud in her beautiful new skirt and eating rocks is because Brett and I were busy with this:
The top half of one of our aspen trees got blown off in the wind storm a couple weeks ago. The picture is of Brett holding the part that broke off after we'd stripped off the branches and thrown them away. He cut up the trunk part for firewood (so we can roast marshmallows someday and make Emmy's wishes come true). The broken part was over 17 feet long! Those are some tall trees!

No comments: