Okelberry Family

Okelberry Family

Friday, February 1, 2013

Lately

Here's a few pictures to show what we've been up to lately.

Aaron isn't sucking his fingers quite as often as he was a month ago, but here is a picture I captured a few weeks ago.  He was giving us all the bird! :)

 Practicing sitting up!  He's getting pretty good now, but I still don't dare to leave him because he will suddenly get tired and flop backward. 
 This little man is TEETHING!  He had this toy stuffed in his mouth as far as it could go. 
And tonight he turned into our baby shark eating fish!  (Emmy's observation)

Emmy is constantly surprising us with things she's made.  She made this while Brett was in Massachusetts a few weeks ago.  She traced the two shapes, cut them out, colored them, and glued them on the paper.  Then she wrapped it in the paper towel tube and glued on a ribbon bow.  We took this picture so Daddy could see it, too.

Emmy is also constantly making secret hideouts.  This one is at Nana's house, and, as always, Aaron was invited!

Abby played with some styrofoam at Grandma's house, and this was the result.  She was covered with little balls of styrofoam, and I had to wet her hair down to get it out!  The static was crazy.
 Aaron turned 6 months yesterday.  We're having our "half party" with half a cake tomorrow with Uncle Tyler and Katy.  It's hard to believe our little man is getting so old! 
 And here's what I've been up to:
 Snow removal.  Lots of it.  Brett was in Texas for three days this week, and that's when the huge snowstorms came.  We got at least a foot over two days.  Gratefully my parents gave us their old snowblower when they bought a new one, so I didn't break my back too much clearing our driveway at sidewalks of our corner lot.  (We will never buy a house with a north-facing driveway or a corner lot again!)

And our little friend Sydney turned 8 this week!  Her baby sister is still in the hospital, so I offered to make the cake so her mom didn't have to worry about it.  Sydney wanted a Princess and the Popstar theme, so we looked at pictures and she decided on a purple guitar.  I was grateful that my  mom could be my moral support and creative consultant since Brett was gone in Texas.  I am happy with how it turned out, and Sydney liked it, too!

I don't have any pictures of Brett because, um, he's been gone on business trips. :)  We get him home for two full weeks before he leaves again.  We miss him so much while he's gone, but it's only ever for a few days, and he loves what he does, and he's really good at it.  But we're sure glad when he comes home!

3 comments:

Jenelle said...

Cute post! I can't believe Aaron can almost sit up! You did a great job on Sydney's cake too; it's darling.

Nana said...

Six Months! Aaron you are growing up fast. I love the 1/2 birthday celebration tradition. Happy 1/2 year birthday Aaron!

Shelley said...

That cake is awesome! And I am always amazed at how much a month makes in terms of babies... Aaron can do so much! What cute kiddos you have:)