It's hard to believe my Abby is already 3! It seems so recent that I brought home my 6 lb 6 oz perfect, little baby. She is certainly growing up and making daily discoveries of things she can do all by herself. She is a sweet, helpful sister to both Emmy and Aaron and loves to play with both of them. She is my little buddy and wants to be involved in everything I do. How happy I am to have her as my daughter!
We celebrated a few days early with Brett's side of the family. Here she is in the "birthday chair."
Emmy was a very good helper with the presents. She would suggest good places to rip and then let Abby do the unwrapping. Those two sure like each other!
I didn't want to make 2 cakes, so I asked Abby if it would be okay if we took cookies to Nana's house. She thought No Bakes sounded the best; I agreed!
Blow!
Nana found a new pool with a slide, and we've had so much fun with it!
Abby got our gift for her the night before her birthday so she could enjoy it on her birthday. (And because I'd bought it 3 weeks earlier and could hardly wait!!!)
She was very excited for a "big bike" and figured out how to ride it fairly quickly. It took a couple of weeks to really get braking down, but she loves it!
Abby's one request for her birthday was that she got to decorate her cake. So she did.
She let me do the purple base and let Emmy write the words. They were so cute decorating together!
Here's the finished product.
That evening, we had my family come over. My sister and her family came from Logan, and we loved having our cousins here to celebrate!
I found this cash register on Amazon, and my parents gave it along with a purse filled with purse-y things (lotion, pencil, sticky notepad, chapstick, etc). They were the highlights of the evening and are still Abby's favorite toys.
And then Uncle Garratt gave his amazing present: a big box filled with accessories for her bike. It included a basket, a bell, handlebar streamers, and a seat for her baby doll. Now her gender-neutral bike (we're planning ahead, here) looks perfectly girly!
Trying out the accessorized bike got us all outside, and an impromptu pool party commenced. I walked into the backyard to see Emmy wearing only her underwear and made her change into her swimsuit but all the kids younger than her just took off their pants and splashed away!
I'd say it was a successful birthday!
No comments:
Post a Comment