I am SO behind on this blog, and I have every intention of catching up soon, but I have to write these down before I forget them.
Brett and I just returned from an Alaskan Cruise with my parents,
siblings, and their spouses. It was AMAZING! So fun, so beautiful, so
relaxing. Brett's dear parents watched Emmy, Abby and Aaron while we
were gone for 9 days. (Bless them!) We missed the kids a lot, and they
missed us. This is the picture I took of the kids the day before we
left. Aaron climbed on top of our suitcase multiple times, and I was
tempted to pack him! I changed my phone's start screen to this picture,
and I'd look at it often and love my sweet kiddos from afar.
Anyway, Janice (Brett's mom) picked us up from the airport, and she shared some stories on the way home.
Abby loved the dinosaur-shaped chicken nuggets at Nana's house but would always ask "This the head or the tail?" After answering the question several times, Janice finally asked why she wanted to know. "So it won't bite me!" Abby answered. Apparently she was eating the head first so it couldn't bite her back.
Emmy's new favorite song to sing before bed is "A Child's Prayer" but Janice didn't know it very well. Emmy still insisted they sing it, so I'm sure she knows it now! At the end of the song, it says "the kingdom of heav'n" but one night Emmy sang, "the kingdom of hell'n" and then immediately asked, "What is the kingdom of hell'n?" Bless her heart, Janice managed to keep a straight face and explained that it's heav'n and short for heaven. Emmy hasn't made the mistake again and hasn't told me her side of the story, so we'll just leave it here for her to laugh about when she's older.
Stay tuned for lots of Alaska pictures after we get through Aaron's birthday and everything else that's happened this summer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment