Remember 4 years ago when Brett had been laid off, broke his foot, and I was morning sick while pregnant with Abby and our water main broke? Our amazing ward members rallied together and fixed it for us. A neighbor told us that our yard was a big mess while they were fixing it because they used a back hoe to dig down to it. They did an awesome job and helped us so much!
Well, in February we discovered that our basement carpet was wet again! I almost cried but our awesome friends the Bakers came to our rescue. Brett and Ken spent a Saturday afternoon digging with shovels down 6 feet and then under our porch a couple of feet to add extra sealant around the pipe. It was a lot of work! 

The kids sure thought it was great to have a big hole under our porch. Abby called a nucker hole (Dragon Tales, anyone?).
And then the dirt was loose and perfect for playing in after they filled in the hole.
Emmy and Aaron created a dirt throne together.
This dirt pile was Aaron's favorite place to play while Brett and I worked on conquering the weeds in our flower beds- for good! We dug out the current weeds, put down the black landscaping fabric, then covered it with rubber mulch (that will hopefully last for several years). We've done four spots so far and I LOVE how nice our yard is looking!



No comments:
Post a Comment