Okelberry Family

Okelberry Family

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Marco!...Polo!

I am not in the habit of losing my baby, but since she's started walking all over the place, it's harder to keep track of her. Yesterday we went to my parents' house for a BBQ and a few fireworks and to see Julie, Matt, and their boys. Emmy was playing with Spencer in the family room, in view of where we women were working on preparing some food in the kitchen. As often happens when I get together with my mom and sister, I got caught up in the conversation. I didn't realize that Emmy was no longer within sight until my mom asked where she was! "Emmy, Emmy! Where are you?" No answer. I immediately started searching for her. She was not in the pantry playing in the wheat bucket. She was not in the den playing with the keys to the file drawers. So I headed upstairs. There she was happily playing with Spencer in the "Nursery" where the toys and crib are. Whew! I'm not used to her wandering off like that!

This afternoon, I was cleaning up from lunch when I again noticed that Emmy was no longer in the living room playing with the blinds. I started calling, "Emmy! Where are you?" Then I remembered how well that method had NOT worked yesterday. So instead I called, "Emmy, what does the doggy say?" "Bow wow wow!" Emmy immediately answered from our bedroom upstairs.

Problem solved.

So at our house, the game won't be called Marco Polo. It will be called Animal Sounds!

3 comments:

Christy said...

Too cute! Just wait....the day will come when she is running naked through the backyard and you just pray that the neighbors didn't see her. Okay, probably won't happen to a great mom like you. But I can dream!

Unknown said...

That's hilarious!! I wish that worked for my girls cuz then maybe I could've caught emily before she put half a roll of toilet paper in the toilet.

Unknown said...

When I call out for Rebecca when she disappears, she jumps up, drops what she's doing, and runs, as if to say "I didn't do it!"