Our favorites from the past week:
"That so meat, Mommy?" Recurring phrase generally said after telling me about something she thinks is particularly interesting or neat
She is very interested in bearing her testimony and she talks about it often. We've told her that she can say it in Sacrament Meeting when she can do it all by herself. So she's working on it. She wanted to share it in nursery yesterday, so she told it to her nursery leader (with my help). So last night as we were driving home, she wanted to say it again. "I like..." I prompted her. [big pause] "To bear..." Daddy tried. "Not two bears, Daddy! That's silly!!!"
Yesterday Emmy was being very courteous and asked quite a few times if we needed help while preparing dinner. (It's continued today anytime I get frustrated at myself for doing something stupid or making a mess.) Here's our favorite need help conversation: "Mama need Emmy help?" Emmy asked. "I think I'm doing alright right now. Thanks for asking though. That's really sweet." [pause] "So that's a no?" Emmy asks. And then when we ask her where in the world she learned that phrase she replied, "From Uncle Jonny!" (who's on a mission and has been for the past year).
The runner up for favorite need help conversation is: "Daddy need Emmy help?" Emmy asked. "Yeah, Emmy. Could you come over and help me stir?" "In a minute," she said continued to play. At least she offers to help, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That last one is totally my favorite!! What a funny girl!
what a sweetie. i love how their minds work!
I can't stop laughing. I can hear her little voice in my mind saying those things. "So that's a no?"- Oh that is cracking me up!!! :) Miss you guys. And thanks for bringing up the high chair!
ha ha. She is soo cute!
Emmy is too funny! Makes me look forward to the silly things Jonah will say!
Post a Comment