I was making Dean's Beans this afternoon and remembered that I was supposed to give the recipe to Brett's parents. So, since I have to type it out, I figured I'd share it with all y'all. Just in case you're interested in a yummy baked beans recipe for the summertime.
Dean's Beans
1 can kidney beans, drained
1 can butter beans, drained
1or 2 cans pork and beans
1 lb bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
1 lb hamburger cooked with 1 chopped onion
3/8 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup barbecue sauce
1/8 cup mustard
1/2 green pepper, chopped
Combine everything into a crock pot and simmer it for a while...at least until it's really hot. If you want to be super tantalizing, you can make it in the morning and then make everyones' mouths water all day long. :)
And they're called Dean's Beans because my parents' neighbor, Dean, made up the recipe. (I was best friends with his two daughters growing up, so he was like a second dad to me. He's the happiest guy you'll ever meet and the best whistler, too!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
They were so yummy, I can't wait to make them! Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment