Okelberry Family

Okelberry Family

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

What does the other horsey say?

As Emmy and I were talking the other day, she asked, "Mommy, what does the horsey say?"
I replied, "Neigh, neigh."
"What does the other horsey say?" Emmy asked.
"The other horsey? What other horsey?"
"The other horsey. Daddy horsey. Say 'lacey macey?'" she responded, still questioning.
"Did Daddy teach you a song about a horse?"
"Yes! Daddy horse!"
"How did it go? What words did it say?" I asked, intrigued about this new song.
"Ummm," Emmy thought for a minute. "Lotsa words."
So when Brett got home that evening, we asked him about the new song with 'lotsa words' about a horse. Turns out he had done "When the Ladies Go Riding" with Emmy while I was at a meeting. She loves sitting on his lap and getting bounced as all the people go riding. Her favorite is when the Indians go riding and say "Whoa, Nellie!" and she gets tipped backwards. My favorite is when she says the words and they come out "Go Mellie!" She was saying all the chants all day Sunday. I wonder what the nursery teachers thought...

And one more Emmy story. As I was pulling things out for lunch I asked Emmy what she wanted to eat. She wanted a sandwich so I asked which kind, one with meat and cheese or one with peanut butter and jam. She said, "With cheese. I want to make it. A good sandwich." Now I like to think that I always make good sandwiches, but the 'with cheese' is the part that clued me in to what she was wanting. A sandwich with cheese that you have to 'make'....a grilled cheese sandwich! And it certainly was good!

2 comments:

Christy said...

You will be so glad that you are writing down all of Emmy's "funnies". I would give anything to have recorded the sound of my babies little voices. Sweet little girl.

Amy Anderson said...

Fun stories! She's darling!