Okelberry Family

Okelberry Family

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Pudding Paint

Emmy begged to eat a pudding cup this morning, and I figured it wasn't too bad of a morning snack, so I gave it to her while I was talking to my mom on the phone. I was bustling around the kitchen and turned around to this:
I started to freak out and then paused (like I do every once in a while when I'm being a good mom), and thought, "It's not really going to hurt anything. The mess is already made. She might as well have fun." So I told her to keep playing and tell me when she was all done.

And she really did have a lot of fun! I would have loved doing that as a kid, so I'm glad I remembered to take a step back and just let her be a kid! Messes aren't always bad, right?

2 comments:

Courtney said...

My mom used to let us fingerpaint with chocolate pudding. She said it was cheap and edible and we loved it. Glad you could take the "good-mom pause"!

Julie and Matt said...

You are such a good mom!