Okelberry Family

Okelberry Family

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Whirley, Twirley


Grandma taught Emmy a fall leaves song that has "Whirley, twirley, whirley twirley, in the air. Whirley, twirley, whirley twirley, everywhere!" as the chorus. As Emmy watches leaves falling of the trees from the window, she'll sing that part over and over and over...as each leaf fell.

She's been asking to go crunch in the leaves, so for her "wear you out so you'll take a nap" afternoon outside time, we did just that. And she had SO much fun! We were at my parents' house which was great because they have a whole lot more leaves than we do, and I think it's a nice deal to get to play with the leaves now and not have to worry about cleaning them up later! That's what Grandma's house is for, right? :)

Emmy giggled and giggled as I swept leaves into her pile.
She decided to really get into it! Where's Emmy?
I love seeing things through Emmy's eyes. Fall and the changing colors and playing in leaves is all brand new to her and so exciting! It definitely makes raking leaves a whole lot more fun. Maybe that's part of becoming like a child: finding the joy in the simple things.

1 comment:

Jenelle said...

What a fun thing to do. I love the last picture where she's peaking through the leaves. I can't wait to get the cousins together and see you guys! WE love you!!!!