This is a long time in coming, but we've had crazy last couple of weeks! Here are some of our favorite Emmy moments:
Brett was sitting on the floor watching a BYU football game when Emmy suddenly came up behind him and started tying him up with some yarn she'd found. When questioned about what in the world she was doing, she replied, "You're a mean Lamanite! My need to tie you up!" "Can I repent and be a nice Nephite?" Brett begged. "Ummm...okay," she reluctantly said. At least we know she's paying attention during scripture reading! Now to teach her that we don't hit or hurt people - even mean Lamanites!
Brett built another blanket tent for Emmy in our family room. She loves to lay in there with a flashlight and pretend to be camping. One night, Brett started telling "scary" stories. They included plots such as us hearing a thumping on the door after we'd all gone to bed. Then it was on the stairs, then the hall, then in Emmy's room! It was Jimbo the Pumpkin asking to borrow one of Emmy's snuggles because he was cold. (I know...pretty intense.) But my favorite (and Emmy's I think) involved a fly buzzing around the tent. First it landed on Emmy and she shooed it away. Then it landed on Daddy and he shooed it away. Then it landed on Mommy's face and she went "umph!" and ate it! (These were told by Daddy, obviously. And when I tried to get back at him by telling a story of him eating snails because he was hungry on a hike, he added to the story that I'd been eating them before him.) So now we talk about eating flies and snails. In fact, Brett looks for "snails" in Emmy's armpits and on her ticklish legs. Oh, the things we do to hear that girl's darling belly laughs and giggles!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Now those are some scary stories! Sounds like too much fun, can I come to your next campout in the family room? You guys are great!!! Way to have some fun:)
So cute. She is such a funny little girl. I'm glad you write down all her cute stories.
Mean Lamanite! Ha Ha Ha! That girl is so cute. Your Emmy stories are the best- thanks for sharing! Good job on the family scripture reading- it's working! We love you guys and are thinking of you. Less than a month til we can play again!
Those stories are really cute! :-)
Post a Comment