Okelberry Family

Okelberry Family

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Pie Maker

Emmy LOVES to help in the kitchen, and it's so fun to have her there (most of the time!). We went over to my mom's house today to help her make pies and rolls in preparation for Thanksgiving. I have such happy memories of helping my mom with holiday feasts, and I'm excited to help create these memories for Emmy, too.

Emmy told me a few days ago that she was going to bring pies to Thanksgiving to share with everyone. She would also have little bags of treats for them to put on the pies. My mom and she "made" pumpkin and blueberry pies in Emmy's pretend kitchen this morning, and then we made apple pies with my mom this afternoon.

Mix the dough:
Roll it out:
Finished product!
Brett and Emmy tease each other all the time with their "grumpy" faces and happy faces. (Often Brett does one and calls it the wrong thing which Emmy thinks is hilarious.) So here is Emmy's grumpy face.

Emmy discovered a new favorite treat - apple pie filling! Maybe I will have something to do with my jars of apple pie filling from last year after all! I can never seem to get around to making an actual apple pie. If it doesn't involve chocolate, it rarely gets made at our house! :)

1 comment:

Jenelle said...

"A bag of little treats to put on the pies!" Ha Ha... your posts make me laugh all the time. She is the cutest, funniest girl. It was fun to see you on the webcam tonight. We missed being with you! Only about 2 and 1/2 weeks- yay!!!!!
I'm sure your pies were delicious!