Brett started his new job on Wednesday. He was originally scheduled to start Monday, but after the surgery he was NOT ready to work then. The company has been really great about working with him, though.
We moved up to South Jordan to live with his parents so the commute wouldn't be quite so crazy. I drove him there on Wednesday morning, and traffic wasn't bad at all. I was only gone for 40 minutes roundtrip. So I wasn't too worried about having to do it everyday for the next couple of weeks.
I felt like I was dropping off a child at his first day of school. It helped that he had a backpack with his pillow to prop his leg up on and his meds! But I was worried about how he'd like it, if the other kids would be nice to him and help him, etc. :)
Then Brett called me from work at noon with good news - his boss had offered to give him a ride home as well as pick him up in the morning! It's on his way, but that is still super nice of him! I am SO grateful!!! I do still have to get up with Brett in the morning to help him get ready (I'm sure he could do it on his own, but walking is so much more efficient than hopping and crawling!), but I get to climb back into bed at 6:30 and sleep until Emmy wakes up. The next goal is getting Emmy to sleep in a little later...
So anyway, Brett has been doing a lot of training so far which involves watching A LOT of movies. But he says the more he learns about the company the more he likes it. His foot is doing fairly well and feels better each day. It's so nice to finally have it healing for real. I seriously feel like we've been dealing with this FOREVER (and I'm not the one in pain and not able to walk!). Three weeks from today he can walk with the boot and then 5 weeks from today he is home free!!! Wahoo!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
that's so great that he has a new job! jason wondered why he never heard from him! so are you selling your house in orem?
I'm so glad that it is working out! I hope it goes well for you both and this year is full of pleasant surprises.... like a walking husband. :)
West Jordan! You guys are so close! We should get together for a dinner. Interested? I hope his foot heals well!
We are so glad he is liking his job and that everything is working out. You guys are troopers!
Post a Comment