Okelberry Family

Okelberry Family

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Cuz She's Cute

When my visiting teacher was over on Monday, I commented about how I should come up with a bunch of ideas for inside activities for the cold, dark days of winter. (I was slightly grumpy about the dark, rainy day that day.) She suggested making pictures with squares of tissue paper. We got out the tissue paper and went to work! I didn't know how well Emmy would do, but she loves anything that involves paper, scissors, and/or glue. She was amazingly good at it! I showed her how to do one and then she went at for about 15 more. I took some pictures of her doing it, and she was so cute trying to smile and "be cute" the whole time.

Put the tissue paper on the eraser end of a pencil, squish it, and dip it in the pile of glue.
Then stick it on the paper and make a beautiful flower garden. She decided she wants to give it to Daddy.



Emmy loves to take pictures with our camera, and I'm happy to let her do it because it keeps her entertained for a few minutes, and I can keep the ones I like and just delete the ones of the ground, a red paper, etc. Here are a few of the keepers from the past couple weeks.

Her very first "take a picture of yourself" picture.Abby looking very startled at the flash.


And here are some she asked me to take:

Isn't she just too cute?!?! I sure love my Emmy girl!

(And I'm amazed at how much I'm missing her while she's at Nana's for a sleepover. I'm getting a lot done, but I miss my little buddy!)

3 comments:

Merilee said...

She is a cutie!:)

Kelly Brown said...

She is totally cute! That is a fun idea for the indoor activities. Max and I have been building things out of boxes and stuff, the other day we built his Buzz Lightyear doll a spaceship that he could fit into and Max LOVED it. I bought some stickers too so when he is nice he can have some to decorate his Space-ship. We sure have to get creative being stuck inside eh? Your family is awesome!

Julie and Matt said...

I just love your little girls so much. Can't wait to see you guys in a few days.