Okelberry Family

Okelberry Family

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Child Prodigies

This evening, Emmy started singing "Roll your hands, roll your hands" over and over again. She'd sung it in nursery (where she went with no tears today for the first time since Abby was born! Yay!!!) The song was vaguely familiar, but I wanted to look it up so we could sing the rest of the words as well if we were going to have it stuck in our heads. So we played it and other Primary songs on the piano. Abby sat on my lap, and, before I knew it, she reached out and was playing the keys, too. We had quite the trio going! I'm excited to share the joy of playing the piano with them. Emmy keeps asking for piano lessons, so we are currently learning Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star together. And Abby is doing all sorts of tricky things with her little hands like stealing food I'm carrying, grabbing hair, and, most recently, playing the piano. My little girls are growing up so fast!

2 comments:

Stacy Pettersen said...

That is one of Annabelle's favorite songs too! Jon totally didn't believe me that it really says "swiftly" so I double checked and was right!

Jenelle said...

I can't believe she's learning to play the piano already! She is growing up way too fast. Give the girls a kiss from us.