Okelberry Family

Okelberry Family

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Happy Half a Birthday!

It's hard to believe, but Abby is half a year old!!! Where in the world did the last 6 months go?!?! She is still a happy, smiley, easy-going baby, and we can't imagine life without her. She is such an angel!

To celebrate her half-birthday, we made half a birthday cake! I got the idea from a magazine shortly before Emmy turned 6 months old, and so we're continuing the tradition. Emmy enjoyed helping me make and decorate the cake. And I enjoyed her helping. That's something very nice about her getting older. I did the top and Emmy did the sides.

The finished product! Emmy's part:
My part:
We invited our friends the Jeffs over for a combined family night and half birthday celebration that evening. It was so fun! After the lesson and cake, the big kids played quite well together and the adults got to play Dominion while the babies slept. It's so nice when things work out like that!

And here are pictures of Abby and Emmy at 6 months so you can compare. It still think they don't look much alike. Emmy looked like Brett's baby pictures with a longer face, and Abby got my more round face shape with those darling chubby cheeks.

Wasn't Emmy a darling toothless Tooth Fairy? :)

2 comments:

Nancy said...

That's a funny idea! I love it!

I hope you figure out what's wrong with Abby! I hate it when my kids are sick--especially lingering, mystery diseases. Not that we've had many...but still. So sorry for your baby!

Jenelle said...

Where does the time go? I LOVE that top pic of Abby- what a beautiful doll. Happy six months Abby!