Long time, no post, huh? I do have an excuse. Our laptop died the middle of February, so I was without a computer until I fired up the old desktop from my college days (which haven't been THAT long ago, but it is still plenty slow!). Let me tell you. Having no computer and no internet was such an adjustment! I like to think I did more productive things with my time like focusing more on the girls and reading, but I still felt so cut off from the world and missed checking blogs. I actually made a list of the things I wanted to blog about. So here we go!
Several months ago, a girl I visit teach told me she made a chore schedule where she does one chore a day. I thought that sounded pretty daunting and decided to stick with my "get as much done as I can on Friday and call it good 'cause I have a new baby" tactic. Well, I kept thinking about her suggestion and finally made a schedule that I thought would work well. Here it is to satisfy your curiosity:
Monday: Clean Bathrooms
Tuesday: Take out garbages (since Wednesday is garbage day) and Change Sheets
Wednesday: Sweep and Mop Kitchen (obviously I HAVE to sweep under Abby's high chair about daily, but at least the rest of the floor gets clean once a week)
Thursday: Laundry
Friday: Put away laundry (since it is too big of a job to do the laundry and get it put away in one day)
Saturday: Vacuum (so Brett can play with the girls while I do it. We have vacuum phobia)
The schedule works pretty well, and I feel like I have a cleaner house without as much stress. If I don't get chores done one day, I only missed one thing, so it's easier to get it done another day or (don't tell anyone!) skip it that week and catch up later.
Emmy is generally a really big help with our chore chart and cleans bathrooms like a pro. A few weeks ago, she helped with the laundry... 
...by stuffing as many clothes as possible into her shirt and pants.
Final count: 3 shirts, 1 pair of pants, 6 socks, 1 sweater, 5 undies.
Gratefully, Abby just plays on the floor and helps by not helping...for the time being. :)
7 comments:
I've been contemplating a chore a day kind of thing too. Now with your success I think I'll put my thoughts into action:)
I've also been contemplating a chore a day kind of thing and might actually have to take action now as well.;)
Loved Emmy's creative laundry "costume". Tell her she looks a little like Aunt Polly...that'll scare her!
Ha ha, so cute! Love the laundry "help" from the girls :)
I like the schedule. I try to cram it all in on Monday so I can play the rest of my week, but maybe spacing would be better!
I've been meaning to do that as well, but I've never gotten around to doing it. Usually, I try to do it all one day a month. Pretty bad, huh? I'm glad you are back.
Kyle helps by putting things either in the dryer or in the washer that I give him. Then I lift him up and he pushes the button to start the dryer. It is pretty cute that he is so excited and it takes extra time, but he loves it! I think that picture of Emmy should be shown to her when she is pregnant, because it might be pretty accurate :)
I need to do a chore chart! I am the worst- especially with a newborn. My "chore schedule" seems to be- hurry and clean everything up if I know someone is coming over! :) I'll have to try it out.
The picture of Emmy with the laundry stuffed in her clothes is hysterical. I laughed out loud. Love that girl.
Post a Comment