Abby LOVED her first ice cream cone! It wasn't nearly as messy as I thought it would be and she ate every drop! (We ate most of it outside...I don't trust her little tongue that much!)
Abby's hair was getting a bit shaggy...
- She calls herself "da-da." I finally figured it out when she pointed to a picture of herself and said "da-da." I must admit that "Abby" and "Daddy" do, in fact, sound very similar! (Say it out loud if you don't believe me.)
- She is obsessed with shoes. I keep her old shoes and the shoes she's growing into in her bottom drawer. If that drawer gets opened in her presence, she has to try on every pair. She is surprisingly good at finding matches. When it's time to go outside, she often finds everyone's shoes and brings them to us. In fact, she really wanted to go outside during the last session on Conference on Sunday. There were only 15 minutes left, so we assured her we'd go soon. She found her shoes, whined til we put them on her, then found my shoes and insisted I put them on. By the time the closing song was over, we all had on our shoes!
- One of her most used words is "hot." All of her food is "hot" and she insists we blow on it. She also knows the oven, stove, and microwave are "hot" as well.
- She still loves to go to bed. When it's bedtime, she bids everyone "nigh-nigh," snuggles into her blanket on my shoulder, and cuddles while I sing for a few minutes and then rarely makes a peep after I lay her down. I hope that lasts a LONG time!
- She will not keep a rubberband or clip in her hair for more than 30 seconds in her car seat. I'm fairly certain it's impossible for her. She lasts quite a bit longer if she's in the stroller or at home, but she spends a lot of her day looking like Einstein with tufts of hair sticking straight out above her ears after pulling out pig tails. It's such a shame because her little pigtails are absolutely darling!
2 comments:
Wow! Your girls are growing up:) Sometimes its hard to believe we're all grown up with families of our own.
I totally agree with Michelle. Just think of how big all our kids will be at the next Farnsworth Reunion!
Post a Comment