Okelberry Family

Okelberry Family

Friday, February 17, 2012

The Making of the Masterpiece

As I mentioned, Emmy helped Brett sort the M&Ms this year and was quite helpful...even if she insisted on picking only one color out of the main bowl to sort. Brett just got out two main bowls and they switched back and forth; Emmy pulled out all the white ones and Brett sorted the red, dark pink, and light pink.Emmy wouldn't let me help since it was my surprise, so I sat and talked to them after I got Abby in bed.

There are always more reds than any other color, and the other colors seem to vary year by year. In fact, there have been times Brett has had to redesign his idea because we didn't have enough light pinks. (Those seem to be the rarest.) We get 3 bags, and Brett used all but about 10 this year. Someday, I'll have to get him to take a picture of the creation stage. (It's a surprise for me until it's done.) It seriously amazes me how he does it!

I was very happy that we kept the mosaic up until yesterday afternoon. That's almost 3 whole days! It's taken a lot of self-control by two little girls (and their friends!), but the main factor in taking it down is that it is on my kitchen counter. It finally got too hard to cook dinner, so it went into a tupperware... with a lid. (We all have more self-control when there's a lid!)

No comments: