I hoped everyone would be there when we arrived, but we were still waiting for my dad and brother. I couldn't wait (and neither could my mom and sister), so we told the family in stages...with the cupcakes of course!
And a bite revealed...
Everything looked great on the ultrasound, and he is growing a few days ahead of schedule. That's opposite of my girls who were a few days behind schedule. And the doctor commented that he has pretty long femurs (but within a normal range he assured us). Maybe he'll be tall?
It was so reassuring to see two arms and legs with hands and feet as well as a four-chambered heart and developing brain. He's doing well, and we couldn't be happier!
Everyone comments that Brett must be especially thrilled. He is excited, but he is most grateful that the baby is healthy. He says he would have been just as happy with another girl.
Emmy was hoping for another sister, but she took the news fairly well. She came to the ultrasound and did awesome. We left Abby with Grandma and her cousins, and I was especially glad we did because we had to wait for 45 minutes for the ultrasound room to open up. Abby has started saying "baby brother" which sounds like "baby bubble" and is the cutest thing in the world. She loves babies, and I think she's starting to wonder where this baby is that we keep talking about. Four months seems like a long time to wait!
I'm super excited to embark on the new adventure of raising a boy. I'm slightly apprehensive since I've already got the girl thing down. When I asked Brett, "What am I going to do with a boy?" He answered, "Make him a super hero cape and tell him to rub dirt on it." Yes, I have I feeling I'll do both of those things.
10 comments:
Yay Yay Yay! I've been refreshing your blog all day waiting for this! (I guess I could have called but I didn't know how early your appointment was and I didn't want to interrupt family time) We just got home from some errands and I was delighted to see your post! The cupcake idea was so cute!!!I love it! And I am THRILLED you're having a boy!!!
Congrats!!! What a fun way to celebrate your little boy:) Boys are great because it's ok for them to get dirty and you know the old saying, "Boys will be boys". I'm happy you get to raise a boy of your own.
Yeah! Now Mr. Henry will have a boy cousin to be naughty with. :)
I love raising boys. They destroy your home, are always dirty, and they couldn't be happier. I think Brett had it about right with the cape and dirt. How fun!
Here's what you're going to do... go on Pinterest and find a MILLION adorable things to make/do for boys! Congrats, I am very excited for you. :)
Yay! Two girls and a boy—what could be better? :D
Our doctor said that Miriam had short femurs (in her ultrasound—again, normal...but short) and she's short. So...maybe he will be tall?
I'm excited for you! And cute way to tell—I saw that idea and then thought that baking cupcakes sounded too overwhelming. Yup. I'm just that lazy sometimes. :)
Congratulations! Boys are so fun! So happy for your family!
Oh I am so so happy for you and so happy my guess was wrong!!
Congrats, Brett and Becca! I LOVED raising my boys (and my girls)! Boys are so funny and full of energy. He's going to be a wonderful addition to your cute family! Love, Aunt Polly
Another Grandson! And the first grandson to carry on the Okelberry name! We are so happy for the great news. It's fun to have the chance to raise both girls and boys -- so we're happy your son is on his way.
Congratulations! I'm working on getting caught up on my blog reading so I haven't seen this post until now. It's fun to have both boys and girls in the home!
Post a Comment