Emmy's at a friend's house making Halloween cookies, Aaron and Abby are both napping, and I've even worked on Emmy's Halloween costume, so now it is time to blog!
Here's a little update about the little people in our family:
Emmy continues to LOVE kindergarten. Everyday is "awesome," and her teacher had all good things to say at parent teacher conference. She was one of the first in her class to pass off all her letters and sounds, so she is now the very proud owner of an elephant eraser that has movable legs. (It's seriously the coolest eraser I've ever seen.) She still enjoys reading time each afternoon during Abby's nap. We have read almost all the Junie B. Jones series (awesome books if you're looking for a recommendation - super funny!) and we are now reading Ralph and the Motorcycle. Emmy is my super huge helper, and it's been really nice to have her home for Fall Break the last couple of days. I could get used to having Abby constantly entertained! (But I think the reason they're playing so well together is that they aren't together 24/7, so I'll just enjoy it while it lasts.) They have especially enjoyed talking and playing while the fall asleep each night. Abby is constantly asking Emmy to tell stories, and Emmy is super sweet to come up with story after story. It's nice that they keep each other company while they fall asleep.
Abby is a hoot right now. She is talking up a storm, and it is so fun to listen to her. She leaves off the first consonant of most words (see is ee, sock is ock) and she uses my for I just like Emmy did. She is starting to use there, this, and that instead of the generic "bah." She can't say her r's, so Aaron Reed sounds a lot like Owen Weed. :) She has been very interested in Aaron's full name and says it super cute. She often asks me what her "phone" is. It took me a few times to realize she wanted me to say her full name. Sounds the same, right? Abby is my little singer. She is constantly singing and has added I Love to See the Temple, Popcorn Popping, I am a Child of God, and Do as I'm Doing to her repertoire. She used to sing Give Said the Little Stream and sing, "singing, singing all the time" instead of all the way...or is it day? Abby amazed me with potty training and is fully potty trained. I don't even worry about accidents anymore because she always tells me when she needs to go or just goes by herself on her little potty. She prefers to use the little potty seat that Aunt Julie let us borrow, but she's getting better at just going to the bathroom that's closest. (Thank goodness!) She stays dry all night as long as she goes right before bed, but we've had enough earlier mornings with wet sheets due to forgetting to go right before bed that I think we'll wear Pull-Ups to bed for a while.
Aaron is still our little Tank. He was 13 lbs 13.5 oz at his two month appointment, and that was a week before he was 2 months! He is over 15 lbs now, and my back and arms are feeling it! He is super smiley now and coos often. He even "talks" when he's upset instead of crying. It's quite nice. :) I put him in 3-6 month clothes at about 8 weeks, and I just got out some 6-9 month clothes now that he's 10 weeks. He is growing so fast! Aaron has learned how to sleep longer at night, and I am so happy! He has been going 7 or 8 hours for his first stretch then another 3 then another 1 or 2 depending on when Abby gets up. That means I'm up at 3 or 4 and then again at 6 or 7. It's like I'm a real person again! Aaron takes great naps after having great nights, and I think he might be on a growth spurt or something because the past few days have been mostly sleeping with a few 1-2 hour awake periods and then 3-4 hours awake in the evening. I've gotten quite a bit done! :)
And for an update on the not-quite-so-little people in our family:
Brett got released from Young Men back in July. We had a great 3 months of him serving as Membership Clerk. He still kept busy with straightening out the ward membership records and updating the calling lists as well as his four home teaching families, but he was home a lot more. Well, apparently I was a little too excited about being around more because we got called into the Stake Offices and Brett is now the Executive Secretary. Way more time intensive! Our Bishop does interviews on Sundays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays, and Brett has meetings all Sunday mornings plus all the phone calls to set up interviews. He tries to schedule the interviews he has to be there for all together so he can be home more, and that is helping. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to get the girls ready for bed while holding a fussy Aaron. And I'm trying hard to be supportive and not complain so we will get the promised blessings. I've certainly already seen an increase of love in our home and felt more patience with the kids. This is just one more challenge to make us stronger, right?
As for me, I'm just keeping busy enjoying the four people I just talked about! I am in the middle of Halloween costumes right now. My mom helped me a ton with Emmy's monkey costume yesterday, and all that's left now is elastic, velcro, and sewing on the ears. Abby's elephant costume is one my mom made for Dallin 8 years ago, so it is ready to go (and so cute!). Aaron is going to be a turtle, and we have a ways to go on his costume. Brett is the creative genius and I get to make what he dreams up. Sometimes that gets pretty crazy, but we have a good plan for this one, and now that I'm getting sleep at night, I should be able to use a few evenings to finish it.
There you go. Blog updated. Memories preserved.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Thanks for taking the time to update us! Glad life is happy and busy:)
Wonderful update... now you can just copy and paste this for the Farnsworth Connection! Just got our reminder in the mail so I guess I need to get going. :)
I've been way behind but just caught up! I love all your posts! And I'm so glad Aaron is sleeping so well! I wish Tyler would learn a bit from him ;)
Post a Comment