Here are some random things that I am happy I found out, and
I thought I would share.
First off, I’ve been looking for a second humidifier. I didn’t want one with a filter because those
get all nasty and can cause problems with mildew and bacteria and you have to
replace them. I was nervous to buy one
that boils the water because of the burn risk, but I thought that was the only
other option. It’s not! WalGreens has one that uses “ultrasonic
technology” and produces immediate, visible water vapor, and it doesn’t have a
filter, and it stays cool, and it’s super quiet. 35 bucks at WalGreens. But a word to the wise, it produces A LOT of
water vapor and pretty well soaked the towel it was on the first night and ran
out of water by 3 am. So now we run it
with the opening only open a third, and it’s up on a stool so the vapor can
dissipate before it hits the ground. That
seems to be doing the trick.
My visiting teacher a few years ago told me about this little
trick with noisy toys. You put clear
tape (packing tape sticks the best) over the speaker opening. The kids can still hear it, but you don’t
need to hear the little song all over the house.
For teething, you take a baby bottle and fill it with a
couple of ounces of water then freeze it upside down. Then there is ice in the nipple that they can
gnaw on but the rest of the bottle warms up.
Aaron got so excited when I gave this to him this evening. It was super cute.
I found (what I think is) the perfect chocolate chip recipe
on Our Best Bites. I love to read their
blog because they are so funny, but I have made a lot of their recipes, and
they are great, too! It turns out that
their recipe is very similar to my mom’s recipe, but I always just used all
margarine instead of the butter/margarine combo, and that makes a huge
difference. They are firm but soft and
oh so yummy! I use the big Ghiradelli or
Guittard milk chocolate chips, too. Here
is the recipe:
½ cup butter
½ cup margarine
¾ cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 t vanilla
3 cups flour
¾ t salt
¾ t soda
1 12 oz bag chocolate chips.
½ cup margarine
¾ cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 t vanilla
3 cups flour
¾ t salt
¾ t soda
1 12 oz bag chocolate chips.
Bake at 350 for 9-11 minutes.
There you are. My
tidbits of wisdom. Now, if anyone has a
surefire way to always be able to find a certain 2-year-old’s favorite blanket,
that would be great. Thanks.
2 comments:
I do that with packing tape too, it seriously works! And really, do they think our children have hearing problems... why are they so loud in the first place?
Great tidbits! Seriously super helpful.
As far as blankets go... I am kinda mean I guess, but I don't let it leave his crib. I have been running around the house like a crazy person trying to find it too many times :)
Post a Comment