Okelberry Family

Okelberry Family

Friday, August 28, 2015

Abby's First Day of Kindergarten!

Abby started kindergarten on Wednesday. She was "very excited and a little nervous." 


Sweet Nana took the girls school clothes shopping and Abby was very excited to wear her new shirt (and sparkle heart leggings we'd gotten for her- she's all about the sparkles!) 


And she LOVES her Doc McStuffins backpack that Grandma and Grandpa got for her birthday. 

Abby surprised me by hopping right in line for her kindergarten class and waving as she went inside a few minutes later. 

I've been looking forward to this day with nervous anticipation for months. Abby has had a hard time separating from me for the last several months- like tears at preschool and primary. She has improved greatly the last 2 months at primary so that gave me hope. 

But I was still expecting tears when it came time for her to head into her classroom. And there were tears...FROM ME! I was "that mom" wiping away tears and hoping no one noticed (they did). But Abby didn't notice, thank goodness! Apparently I'd built myself up for an emotional parting and when Abby wasn't emotional I filled the role! 

Abby came out of kindergarten full of smiles and stories. She told me all about her day (which I SO appreciated!). She is so proud of her homework folder and any papers she brings home. She's getting to know the kids in her class and really seems to be having a fantastic time! 

Meanwhile, I'm holding onto Aaron for dear life, hoping he won't grow up. I love watching my kids have new experiences and grow up but I really, really like where we're at right now. I'd like to keep my little chickens close.  I'm just trying my darnedest to enjoy every moment and kiss chubby cheeks a little more often. 

No comments: