Aaron's job was to put sugar (plus or minus a quarter cup- each jar will definitely be a different sweetness!). Then he added water and swirled it around. He was so proud of himself and got the jars ready much faster and more independently than I thought he would.
It wasn't even that messy! But I did catch him skimping the sugar on the last jar so he could eat what was left in the measuring cup!
Abby was quite the peach peeler! Her hands got very cold from the ice water but she didn't complain. She stuck with it until we had 7 jars ready to process.
Ember was sad when she arrived home from school and thought we'd done everything. Little did she know we were only half through for the day! She stepped in and peeled. (Abby and Aaron were ready for a playtime break.) Together we got the last 7 jars ready in no time!
It was a wonderful day! One of those ideal mom moments that come around only once in a while. I just love these cute kiddos of mine!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment