Okelberry Family

Okelberry Family

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Sky House Sleepover

My nephew Spencer spent a week with my parents which meant we got to spend quite a bit of time with him too! We went to Manilla Pond a couple of times, watched some American Ninja Warrior, went on a little hike, and spent time just playing in the house. The kids all got along marvelously, and I felt like all I did was nurse Eli! 



The one thing Ember and Spencer REALLY wanted to do was a sleepover in the sky house. I haven't let Ember sleep out there because I'm a paranoid parent and I wanted an adult with her. We compromised and sent the baby monitor out with them. It meant I woke up every time anyone rolled over on their sleeping bag, but I knew I'd hear if anything bad happened. Well, obviously they were fine (and slept better than I did...once they finally stopped telling silly jokes at 10:00!). 

(This was taken the next morning. Only Spencer, Ember, and Abby slept outside.)

I'm glad Ember got to finally realize her dream of sleeping in the sky house a year after its completion. If only we could finish the paint job! 

No comments: