Okelberry Family

Okelberry Family

Monday, October 20, 2008

A little bragging

Emmy is just a doll. Today she was an absolute delight to be around. (Which is good because she has a cold and hasn't been sleeping well at all!) So here are some of the highlights of today.

As I was getting her dressed after her bath, she was saying "happy" and "day" over and over with a few more "words" in between. Since it was my sister, Julie's birthday, I started singing "Happy Birthday." Emmy got a big grin on her face and started "singing" along. The only thing I can think of is that one of the children in Nursery had a birthday yesterday and they sang to her in Nursery during the 2 minutes we were in there taking roll (since Emmy couldn't stay because of aforementioned cold). How amazing is her brain that it could still remember the words to that song?!?! So, when I told her it was Aunt Julie's birthday, she started saying "Happy day, Didly" (sounds like Julie if you say it fast enough). Of course I had to call Julie and let her hear it. She loved it, and I'm glad Emmy said it on such an appropriate day!

Story # 2: Emmy loves our whiteboard and begs to draw on it whenever I write something on it. I've started helping her spell her name on it to go along with her scribbles. Today she helped me spell it. The whole thing! Yesterday she knew about the Ms, but today she started with E, said two Ms and ended with a Y. What a child genius! :)

I am just amazed at how much fun Emmy is right now. She is growing up so fast (started calling me "Mommy" instead of "Mama" *sniff*), but she just gets more and more fun! I love it! And I especially love that I get to stay home all day with her. Every once in a while I miss teaching, but then I think about what I've gotten to do with Emmy because I've been home, and I don't regret being a "stay-at-home" mom one bit!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's so cute. Rebecca tries to "color" her name. (That's what she calls writing.) She spells it R-B-C-A, which I think is pretty good. It sounds like this: "R-B-C-A, Becca!"

Nancy said...

Isn't it amazing how fast they grow?

Rachel isn't too far in age behind Emmy so I'm always a little shocked to read your blog and realize that we'll be where you are in just a few months--spelling and everything...!