Okelberry Family

Okelberry Family

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Too Much Information

I am amazed at how much Emmy's communications skills have improved over the last few weeks. She is starting to put words together and says more new words each day than I can count. This often makes life much easier and more enjoyable for both of us. However, there are times when it doesn't.
As I was puttering around the kitchen this afternoon, I noticed that Emmy was chewing on something.
"What are you eating?" I asked.
"Doodles!" she replied.
"A noodle or a raisin?" I said, wanting to clarify since she had been eating raisins a little while ago and we hadn't had noodles since our spaghetti last night.
"Doodles!" she repeated.
"Where in the world did you find a noodle?"
"Ri' dare!" she said, pointing inside the garbage can.
Oh, Emmy. I felt like a much better mother before you told me that!
If she hadn't have been able to communicate it so clearly, I could have hoped that she was eating a raisin or even a stowaway noodle from last night she found in her high chair, but that was a little to clear!
Needless to say, she is now happily eating doodles with sauce...that came from the refrigerator.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sarah knocked over the garbage yesterday and I almost gagged! I'm so glad Emmy is doing so well at communicating, that makes me happy!!

BTW my blog moved:
http://www.the-carver-crew.blogspot.com/

Amy Anderson said...

Lol. Becca that is sooo funny!