Okelberry Family

Okelberry Family

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Emmy the Builder

Emmy and I were playing with blocks this morning. We like to make towers and then knock them down. Emmy enjoys the knocking down part most, so it is a game as parents to see how high of a tower we can make before she knocks it down.
But this morning, it was Emmy who was doing the building. I was very proud of her when she stacked three blocks together (since this is usually as high as it gets - actually an impressive skill for an 18 month old from a child development stand point). When she continued building without the tower falling over, I was amazed. 5, then 6, then 7 blocks! Wow, I couldn't believe it! Then she reached over past her leg to get another block and added it to the top. An 8 block tower! I made her promise not to knock it over while I ran for the camera. She made good on her promise, and now I can prove my baby's amazing building skills to the world.

I asked her to take her binky out of her mouth so I could get a smiling picture, and this was the immediate result!

What a darling, obedient little girl!

2 comments:

Amy Anderson said...

So cute! Good job Emmy!

Julie and Matt said...

She is so darling. That is quite impressive. She and Spencer must be related.