Okelberry Family

Okelberry Family

Friday, December 26, 2008

Puzzlers

Brett has a tradition of getting a puzzle every year for Christmas. But not just any puzzle. It all started when he was pretty young. His parents got him a puzzle and he finished it on Christmas day. The next year they set out to find a harder puzzle that would take him longer than just one day. Each year, the puzzles got harder, but he could always finish them in one day.

Enter me in 2004. For the first time, he didn't finish his puzzle on Christmas day...because he spent several hours at my house and then I was with him for the rest of the day at his house. After we got married, we spent most of Christmas day traveling to our parents' houses to see our families. So the tradition has had to change. He still gets a puzzle each year, but he has to find minutes (and space away from Emmy's reach) to complete it.

This year, I found a box with 10 puzzles of pictures by Thomas Kinkade. I opened 5 of the bags and combined the pieces into one bag. He is currently working on creating 5 different puzzles from a bunch of mixed up pieces and thoroughly enjoying it!


Emmy has been his little helper this year, handing him pieces and pawing through the box.

2 comments:

Amy said...

what a creative idea! That will definately make those puzzles tricky!

Amy Anderson said...

cute! I love it! So Heidi got a 3000 piece on for Christmas . . . I don't know if I have it in me- it's aquatic!