Emmy has been so excited to see the Draper Temple. We got our tickets for the open house in February, and she has talked about it since then. The exciting day finally arrived yesterday.
She liked seeing the pictures throughout the temple and the mirrors in the sealing room, but her favorite part was the baptismal font. She would have walked right in if I hadn't been holding her! I tried to explain the concepts to her in a way she'd understand, and I think she got something out of it. I kind of expected her to be in awe, but she was still an almost 2-year-old who was more interested in the funny plastic stuff on the floors than the symbolism of the murals in the endowment rooms. (Crazy, I know.) But at least she has been inside of a temple and has a little bit more of a reference when we tell her we're going to the temple.
We couldn't ever get a picture of the kids in front of the temple, so we got a picture of them in the cultural hall of the church right by the temple where we had cookies and water. (The little water bottle they gave us is now Emmy's favorite thing in the whole world.)
Before the tour, we went to a church and watched a little video. Here are a couple of pictures of Emmy "burping" Henry. She really doesn't ever leave him alone. She is such a little mother!
5 comments:
yes she does look darling! I'd already noticed how cute her outfit was!
It is really neat that she got to see inside the temple; I hope she remembers something even though she is so small. Oh, and I don't think anyone would disagree with the "darling" comment. She is such a cute little girl!
Very cute! I am glad that you could have such a fun experience. I missed out on going with my family (sick) but Brandon said beside Tyson thinking it was a fun new place to run it was great!
Love the picture of her "burping" Henry! And the expression on Henry's face when she's kissing him is priceless! It's wonderful that you, Julie, and Diane live close enough to get together often!
That picture of her with her cousins is so cute! And I love the new dress! You're so talented. Guess you'll be stocking up on mini water bottles! :)
Post a Comment