Ever since Ciego visited and Emmy learned that he obeys commands, Emmy has been using her own commands.
To the horses in the neighboring field: "Horses, come here! Come see Emmy! Have brocoli for you!" (Horses do not like brocoli, by the way. Or at least the horses that live by our house do not like it.)
To Sam, my parents' neighbors' dog: "Sam, come to Emmy. Lick Emmy's hand."
To Madi, Emmy's 1 year old cousin: "Madi, come play with Emmy. Play blocks. Clap hands. [Assisting Madi with physical force] Madi crawl? Emmy help Madi walk?"
To another neighbor's dog: "Dog, come here! Emmy count. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. DOG, COME HERE NOW!" (Apparently my "I'll count to five [or ten depending on time] and then it will be time to come inside" is rubbing off on her!)
When Emmy commands, we obey! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Lucky girl. I only do 3...that said, we don't have a yard for Rachel to play in so when I'm counting it's usually when I want her to stop doing something within 3 seconds.
What a personality Emmy has! :)
Ha ha. That is cute!
Post a Comment