Okelberry Family

Okelberry Family

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Emmy Stories

Here are the latest funny Emmy moments:

Brett was rough housing with Emmy one night. When he went in to blow on her belly, Emmy suddenly got serious. Putting up her hand, she said, "Daddy, no take Emmy's milk!" (She 'nurses' her dolls from her belly button, and she knows that 'special milk' is only for babies, not for Daddy.)

Emmy is gaining a sense of humor (as first demonstrated by telling us the wrong sounds when we ask her what animals say). She was cracking herself up a few nights ago at dinner saying, "Daddy no Daddy. Daddy is Mommy! Mommy no Mommy! Mommy is Daddy!" Brett was rewarded with belly laughs when he said, "This is not Emmy. This is Sam the dog!" (Emmy's favorite dog to visit.) Emmy claimed the title Sam the dog for the rest of the night.

Another "joke": Emmy had some apple peel stuck between her teeth. As I was trying (to no avail) to get it out with dental floss, she sensed my frustration. She looked up at me and said, "Emmy broken. Take me to Home Depot." (We had to take our defective thermostat back to Home Depot because it was "broken." Apparently I was very vocal about it!) I just loved the way she totally dead panned it. And then laughed so hard when I started laughing. I think she's got her daddy's sense of humor. :)

4 comments:

Jenelle said...

She is so funny. I love the "special milk" story. She is a riot. Hope to see you soon!

Sally said...

i love it that she thought home depot was the place to go... very cute!

Michelle said...

Cute stories! Thanks for doing a blog. I feel like I know you and your family so much better!

Christy said...

She is so cute... I wish I could see her when it wasn't amid the "big" group chaos. I hardly get to hear her talk. Smart little cookie!