Okelberry Family

Okelberry Family

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Whee-Haw

Emmy is planning to be a "horsey owner" for Halloween. At first she wanted to be a horsey, but then told me she wanted to ride on the horsey. So we made a darling cowgirl costume for her, complete with back hat, pink vest, and pink skirt. We're borrowing black boots from her cousin Spencer. It really is a super cute costume, and I'm excited for her to wear it. The only thing were we missing was a horsey for her to ride.

So when we talked to our neighbor who was doing a garage sale and found out this rocking horse was for sale, I got very excited. I got even more excited when I found out she was selling it for $5! It is not in perfect condition, but it's very ride-able, and Emmy loves it.





Emmy was very interested in the small hole in the bottom of the horse as we were cleaning it off. She informed that the milk came out of that hole. When I told her that horses only give milk to their babies, she decided it must be where the pee-pees and poops come out. So she's been concerned about her horse having an accident on the floor. I was finally able to convince her that since it a pretend horse, it would only do pretend poops and pees and it would be okay. :)


I don't think we'll try to drag it with us for trick-or-treating, though. Our neighbor offered a smaller, stuffed horse that ought to be perfect. Giddy-up my little cowgirl!

4 comments:

Julie and Matt said...

So funny! She looks so happy with her horse. what a great deal.

Courtney said...

Very cute! We found a similar horse (but a 30 year old one) and put it outside for the kids to play on. They love it too.

On a Halloween note, I once made a horse out of a cardboard box for my little brother the year he was a cowboy. He stood inside the box. I'm sure if I could see a picture of it now I would be embarassed to admit it was my creation; but I was pretty proud of it at the time.

Jenelle said...

Oh that video almost made me cry because I miss her so much(but I was giggling too hard to.) She is so cute and funny. I love that big contagious smile. We miss all of you guys. It looks like we'll be coming home in Oct.! I'll let you know for sure in a week or so, but it's looking good!

Amy said...

Good you have another horse option for halloween. If not I was going to say that the stick horses are in American Fork at Little Things Mean A Lot. SUPER cute store worth going to anyway!