Okelberry Family

Okelberry Family

Saturday, February 13, 2010

My Favorite Tradition!

It's that time of year again! Time for Brett to wrack his brain and use all those creative juices to make an M&M Mosaic for me for Valentines Day. Here is the result of 2 hours of work last night:


He really out-did himself this year! Isn't it just darling?

This year, he let Emmy in on some of the planning. They went on a mystery date on Tuesday during which they bought the M&Ms. Then Emmy got to help sort them on Thursday night. I had forgotten about the mosaic until Emmy tried to invite me to "put the M&Ms in the bowl to get colored." I was slightly confused, but then it clicked. And then I was bummed because it would have been more fun if I'd really forgotten and it could be a surprise. Oh, well. I'm pretty sure I would have caught on last night since M&Ms aren't very quiet. :)

Now comes the sad part of having to destroy it so I can have my counterspace back!

6 comments:

Jenelle said...

Oh, I love that tradition of yours too. Great job, Brett! It looks very artistic AND delicious! Happy Valentine's Day! We love you guys!

Stacy Pettersen said...

I went back to look at the other ones, and I just can't pick a favorite. This really is a neat tradition!

Unknown said...

Very cute. He is so talented. I made a very simple one for Matt this morning (nothing nearly as cute as what Brett does for you.) It was fun. Hope you guys have a great Valentine's Day.

Kelly Brown said...

I would think the best part is to eat it!!! That is awesome, he is a talented guy.

Amy Anderson said...

I love this post every year!!! Yay!!! That bear is awesome!

Amy said...

It really is a very fun tradition! So creative! I look forward to the picture every year!