Okelberry Family

Okelberry Family

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Pictures

I keep seeing pictures on my camera and thinking, "Oh, I forgot to post about that." So here are a bunch of pictures that I've been meaning to post. And as a funny side note, as I was scrolling through the pictures, finding the ones I wanted to post, I was wishing the "June 2010" folder wasn't so darn full since it made it harder to find the pictures I wanted. Then I realized that the last 2 weeks' worth of pictures should go in a "July 2010" folder I haven't created yet. Time has gotten away from me!

Here is Emmy holding Abby in her little rocking chair. She LOVES to hold her sister, but always seems to ask right before I'm going to feed Abby. Poor Abby is going to start thinking that enduring 2 minutes of being held by her sister is part of getting fed! :)

Emmy shared this little bear with Abby one day, and we thought she looked so cute cuddling it while she slept.
It's about time I get to dress my girls in their matching "Easter" dresses! It took some convincing to get Emmy to not wear her "green twirly dress" to church, but they looked awfully cute dressed alike!


We did a few Snaps and Sparklers to celebrate the 4th since we didn't know how Emmy would feel about real fireworks. We saw some that neighbors were doing while Emmy was getting ready for bed on the 5th, and she fell in love! We are currently working to earn fireworks for the 24th as a reward (aka bribery). Good thing we have another fireworks holiday so we can redeem ourselves!


Emmy wasn't too sure about holding fire, but she did enjoy the experience overall.

And Abby just hung out in the sling.
Brett loves to sing to Abby, and she stares at him with the funniest expression. But he can get her to calm down when even I can't. Here he is rocking and singing to his two little girls. (He changed the words to the end of "Hush Little Baby" to say "Emmy's gonna sing to Abby all the day" and it just made Emmy's day! She told me about it at least 3 times with a huge grin on her face.

And here's Abby cuddling with Daddy for an early evening snooze.
But look a little closer...
Her thumb is inside the hole in her binky! We have have a thumb sucker on our hands...if she can ever figure out how to get those thumbs into her mouth! Right after she was born, she was trying to get her hands into her mouth, so I guess it's just continued.
Emmy put her babies to sleep right by Abby on the couch. She told me, "Take a picture and send it to Nana. She'll think we have THREE babies!"
It's so hard to believe that Abby is almost 6 weeks old! Time is flying by! And I'm so grateful to be as happy and on top of things as I am right now. Both girls are really doing great letting me get the sleep I need. Abby's starting to do a 5 hour stretch at the beginning of her night (which starts at 7:45...if I can keep her awake that long) and Emmy is sleeping in until at least 9. So during the 12 hours I have while Emmy sleeps, I am managing to get at least 7-8 hours of sleep. I'm hoping to move Abby's bedtime a little later so I can start sleeping closer to when she does. Do you know how great 5 hours of uninterrupted sleep would feel?!?! Amazing!

5 comments:

Jenelle said...

Great pictures! I'm so glad you posted these. The girls look darling in their matching dresses. I like Emmy making a face to match Abby. That is funny about Emmy wanting Nana to think you have three babies. She's so cute. We miss you guys. I'm glad to see you're doing so well and that Abby is sleeping longer stretches. Give the girls a kiss from Aunt Jenelle and cousin Madi!

Pamela said...

Thank goodness for Daddies! There are times when I'm just frazzled and Mark can calm both girls when nothing seems to work for me.

Hopefully sleep will fall in place for you soon!

Merilee said...

What adorable pictures. I especially love the one with both girls on Daddy's lap. Precious!

Nana said...

Emmy, I saw your picture. Do you really have THREE babies??? It's a good thing you have such a great mom to watch over three babies!
Love you, you silly girl!

Stacy Pettersen said...

That is so great! I really love the first picture, I think it's my favorite. Congrats on the sleep... I'm at the point where I'd rather be dealing with a no-sleep-newborn than a morning-sickness-embryo!!! ha ha!