Emmy says something absolutely hilarious at least once a day. As much as I try to keep a straight face, it's impossible and I just have to laugh. Here are the favorites of the past week.
Emmy discovered cherries at Nana and Papa's house and fell in love with them. When we were eating some with Uncle Garratt, he taught her how to spit out the pit (by aiming for the sink and making it - after a bounce off the ceiling). They headed outside and practiced spitting the pits into the garden, the flower beds, over the fence into the neighbor's yard, the window well, etc. Emmy thought it was the coolest thing ever and couldn't say enough good about it when they came back inside. Garratt told me that he first told her that you put the cherry in your mouth and chew up the cherry but keep the pit in your mouth. She popped a cherry into her mouth, chewed it thoroughly and then looked up at him, a little perplexed, and said, "That one didn't have a pit!"
We visited with my family on July 3 to celebrate Garratt's birthday. My sister and her family came down from Logan, and it was the first time her 3 sons and husband had met Abby. When Julie and Matt were holding Abby, Matt told Emmy that he wished they could have a little girl too since they only had boys. Emmy told him that they could have our baby girl. When I protested and said, "Don't you think we'd miss Abby?" she replied, "We could go visit her!" How very generous of her. :)
Emmy has been very curious about what I was like when I was a little girl. So I've been telling her stories about the games I used to play and what I would do with my friends. My definite favorite activity as a girl was playing house. I wasn't surprised when Emmy declared she wanted to play house on Saturday afternoon. She then proceeded to spread blankets all over the family room floor, building our house. She was busy with this activity for quite some time while I puttered around getting things done. After about 10 minutes, she looked up at me and said, "How we play house?" It was as if she suddenly realized that she didn't know the right rules as to how to play the game she was so intently playing.
I must say that Emmy keeps getting more and more fun. And it's awfully nice (and funny!) to know what she's thinking...as opposed to Abby who keeps us guessing all the time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I really think that a verbal contract with a three year old is binding and so we will be coming pick up OUR daughter soon ;) Emmy is so funny. Give both of your girls kisses from us.
Post a Comment