Remember the darling pictures of Emmy wearing her Big Sister shirt and her stuffed lamb wearing the Little Sister shirt? Well, the little sister is here! And I finally got both of them wearing the shirts on the same day AND remembered to get pictures. Amazing, I know.

Even more amazing is that we got Emmy to sit still and smile for this picture. She momentarily forgot that she is anti-pictures recently. (We tried to get a family snapshot - the first since Abby was born - and you'd think we were asking her to endure torture.)
I can hardly believe that Abby is a whole month old! In so many ways it seems like she's been a part of our family for much longer, but she is still so brand new. At least she seemed brand new until I saw my friend's 5 day old baby. Abby is actually huge and responsive and not nearly as floppy as she used to be. She is trying harder and harder to lift her head while on our shoulders or on the floor for her rare tummy time.

Those beautiful blue eyes are open more and more and staring at our faces. She is working at figuring out this mortal life. And we've caught a couple of smiles so far. We can't wait for more and more!

And she doesn't usually look this grumpy. We were outside and it was a little too bright apparently. :) Although, this is the look we get when we try to convince her to take her binky. "Are you seriously asking me to suck on that nasty thing? Oh, wait. I really like to suck on this thing!" And then she falls asleep.
Oh, it's fun to have our Abby Girl here!
5 comments:
Can't wait to meet your adorable Abby girl in person. Are you going to San Diego next month?
She's so cute! Hey, Brett, what's your new e-mail address? We're looking at having a Happy Pirates get-together, and I wanted to send you information, in case you're interested.
Love the matching t-shirts! Abby is growing so fast! The photos were so cute. Can't wait to snuggle on my granddaughters!
Darling pictures, Becca! Madi said, "I want to hold her!"
She is so so cute. I can't wait to meet her.
Post a Comment