Once upon a time, I met some amazing people in Ms. Elcock's 8th grade English class. We "clicked" right away and became friends. These 9 people were my very best friends through high school; we did EVERYTHING together and had so much fun doing it!
Krista is one of those friends. When we were in high school, we both heard about a study that found that walking improves bone density. We used to go on our "bone-densification walks" (yeah, we're both kinda nerdy) together and talk about that grand thing called the "future." We made all sorts of plans which included rooming together at college, attending each other's weddings, having babies at the same time, getting together to clean eachother's houses because it's way more fun when you have someone to talk to, and, most importantly, doing our "bone-densification walks"while pushing strollers.
Well, life happens, and, as much as I hoped all those dreams could come true, I knew the chances were very slim. We were roommates for two years at BYU, we got married a few months apart and I attended her wedding, we got to work together for a several months as secretaries the summer we got married, we had our first babies a few months apart, we even lived less than a mile apart for 6 months. We've done our very best to stay in touch and call or visit every couple of months. Emmy and her Aria are good friends and ask to play with eachother. I was feeling pretty good - we hadn't achieved all the dreams, but we knew we probably wouldn't. I mean, they'd have to buy a house close by, and what are the chances of THAT happening?
Guess what! They are buying a house in our ward!!!! I cannot express how excited I am about that! I am already planning our summer playdates, and Emmy is looking forward to having Aria in her Sunbeam class and sitting by her and telling her who everyone is. :)
Dreams do come true every once in a while. I think the first order of business once we get them unpacked is a nice, long walk!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
That's exciting! Congratulations to the both of you.
When I think of you and Krista at the same time I always think fondly of APES. :)
That is really exciting news. I know that both of you must be ecstatic. That is impressive too considering how small ward boundaries in Utah are. Someone definitely was looking out for you guys :)
That is soooo exciting!!! Yay!!!! Now you just need to start plotting who you want to move out in about 5 years so I can move in too! ;)
That's awesome Becca! How fun! I'm so happy you'll get to be close and do a lot more together. What a blessing. That's a cute story about the "bone densification walks." :)
I think that the first order is business is packing said boxes that will need to be unpacked. Any volunteers?
That is so cool! You have to be the luckiest people on the planet. Most people's plans fall apart. Count your blessings. That is just too cool that you will be in the same ward.
How fun :) I had a lot of those same dreams about La and I, except we lived in one HUGE home together! Maybe oneday soon we can at least just live semi-close so we can see each other more often than family gatherings.
Post a Comment