Emmy joined her neighborhood friends in riding without training wheels!
It was so fun to watch Brett help her learn. We took the training wheels off a couple of weeks ago when we got a new, bigger bike from DI. ($10 for a bike in great condition? I'll take it!) Emmy tried riding a few times but got scared and frustrated when she got a scrape on her knee. Then last week, we went to the church parking lot so Emmy wouldn't have to worry about running into anything, and Emmy was sure to wear long pants! They worked on it two evenings, and she got the hang of balancing, pedaling, and stopping herself Wednesday night. On Thursday she wanted to ride over to a friend's house and I told her she could and I would walk beside her while I pushed Abby in the stroller. She did great! (I was super nervous the whole time since it was the first time she'd ridden without someone running right beside her ready to catch her at any moment.) That afternoon she just kept riding and was a pro by the time Brett got home. She was so excited to surprise him, and, boy was he surprised! It was amazing how quickly she just "got" it!
And I think we can officially say Abby is a walker! She starts on her own, can stand up again after she falls, turns well, and has walked as far as 20 feet.
And, in non-balancing news, Emmy saw her first rainbow on Saturday. Nana took a picture of us with it. (And a huge thanks to Nana for the other pictures, too!)
No comments:
Post a Comment