This past week has been a bit rough. Brett is on back-to-back business trips (as in the girls get to see him only one evening out of 11 days). And the girls and I are taking turns having the stomach flu. Not a recipe for happiness!
On Saturday after Abby had thrown up, I thought to myself, "I know it's wrong to hate things, but there are two things I HATE: throw up and back-to-back business trips!"
I could only wallow in self-pity for about 10 seconds before the Holy Ghost reminded me that cleaning up throw up means I have two beautiful daughters to love and take care of and that business trips mean my husband has a full-time job that he loves. I was humbled to be reminded of my many blessings in the midst of trials. And I felt the prayers of others strengthening me throughout the day.
I will admit that I did not start counting my blessings at 4:00 this morning as I finally decided throwing up had to feel better than continuing to fight it. But there are still so many things to be grateful for:
- We took turns being sick. I can't imagine having to take care of two sick girls and myself at the same time!
-Emmy and Abby have gotten along exceptionally well recently. They give so many hugs to each other (nice hugs, not head-popping squeezes) and laughed and played together. It's been a joy to watch!
- Everyone was well for the one afternoon/evening when Brett was home.
- My mom has invited us over many times while Brett has been gone (and since you're here, why don't you stay for dinner or bring your jammies and spend the night!)
- I got sick on a day when Brett's mom wasn't busy at all and she took the girls to her house.
- I have had the house to myself since 10am. I stayed in bed until 2 this afternoon. I have actually had time to myself to get better from being sick. (Every mom's dream, right?)
I am so grateful for the tender mercies of the Lord throughout this past week. It has strengthened my testimony that even though we must have trials in order to grow, Heavenly Father is always right there to support us through the hard times.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I hope you're feeling better today. We've been praying for you! Abby said Hi to me on the phone while at my mom's- it was so cute! Thanks for sharing Brett with us after his NYC trip. We loved seeing him and the kids adore him. You're a trooper! Way to count your blessings in the midst of trials. That's not easy to do.
So sorry you and the girls were sick. And glad you were able to have many helping hands while Brett was gone :)
You are such a good example to me. I love you sister!
Post a Comment