Here are the pictures that I should have posted in my long absence from blogging in November. I really don't have an excuse as for why I didn't blog then; apparently I kept busy with other things!
In no particular order...
The girls enjoyed one of the bigger snow storms we've had this winter. We got about 1/2 " on the sidewalks and a skim on the grass, so the girls bundled up and played! The favorite activity was sledding down the driveway. (Remember how there wasn't snow on the grass?)

Emmy has announced that she is getting married! She and her best buddy Kaleb are tying the knot "in a few weeks." (It's been "in a few weeks" for several months now.) Brett keeps telling her that she cannot get married until Kaleb has gone on a mission. I just made her a wedding dress. :) Consider this her bridal portrait.

And consider this their wedding photo. They had their "practice wedding" a couple of weeks ago.

The bear Emmy is holding in the above photo is named Clara. Brett brought bears for both girls from his business trip to NYC. They LOVE those bears and treat them like they're real babies. Abby tucks hers into a box and tells it "nuh-nigh" every night (and several times throughout the day) and then asks about it first thing each morning. Emmy is constantly dressing her bear, putting her down for naps, and carrying her everywhere in her sling.
One morning Abby didn't follow Emmy and I downstairs, so I went upstairs to check on her. She was sitting on the bathroom floor with her socks off and nail clippers in hand trying to trim her own toenails! She got distracted and was reading a book by the time I grabbed the camera.

Emmy created this house out of crayons that had spilled on the floor (thank you, Abby). Notice the smoke coming from the chimney!

Emmy's friend (aka fiance) Kaleb has a little brother named Easton who is just a few weeks younger than Abby. Another best buddy combo in the making!

Apparently sleeping on the kitchen floor runs in the family! Abby was so tired after dinner one night and kept lying down on her blanket in between bites I fed her. She never fell asleep and thought it was a pretty funny game.

Abby discovered the joys of Play-Doh. Why didn't I think of this earlier? So many minutes of fun!

Emmy, Kaleb (Emmy's friend), Abby, and I rode our bikes about a mile each way to a park. The kids were such troopers. I was really impressed with them! After we got home, I noticed Abby's little "whale spout" was sticking up through a hole in the top of her helmet.

See? We have been alive and busy these past few months. I've just been too distracted to blog about it! Here's hoping I can do better with the new year.
2 comments:
What a fun update!:)
Beautiful wedding! Haha! She will love those pictures when she's older. She's so darling. What a lucky girl to have a mom who can make her such beautiful dresses. Give the girls a hug from us.
Post a Comment