We went to Silver Falls and went on a hike to see lots of waterfalls. This is one of the few points our little family was all together. With so many adults our kids just spread out!
Abby held my hand and surprised herself when she was enjoying the hike.
Aaron serenaded Brett from the back pack and kept everyone smiling as he sang Earth Angel.
We discovered salmon berries growing on the side of the trail and those were quite the popular, sour treat for the kids.
The hike was beautiful! We got to walk behind a few waterfalls which was quite refreshing on a record hot day for Oregon. We remembered being cool on the hike in years past so we dressed in long pants. Whoops!
(You can see people walking behind the waterfall behind Abby.)
The kids went back to camp a shorter (but still one mile uphill) way and Brett, Nate, Ty, Katy, Kerry, and I continued a loop to see a few more waterfalls. It was hot and tiring but very beautiful!
I think we saw 7 or 8 waterfalls by the time we were done. And we all got to remember how I fell on that very trail 8 years ago and ripped a hole in my favorite, brand new jeans and I cried because I'd ruined my jeans not because I had gravel in my knee and hands. My girls were sure to wear their not-favorite pants. :)







No comments:
Post a Comment