Okelberry Family

Okelberry Family

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Abby's Quotables

Abby is such a two-year-old right now.  She is stubborn and whiny, and generally does the opposite of what I say.  ("Abby please be quiet so I can get Aaron down for a nap and then we can play."  "MOMMY!")

But she is so darn cute we still love her to pieces!  (There is wisdom in this plan of making them so charming while they are so belligerent.)

I love to listen to her talk, and these are a few of her latest quotables.

While playing house with Emmy:
She always has a meeting she needs to get to (and her baby always comes with her; hint, hint, Mommy!)  "Golly gee! My got to go to my meeting." (Except she says it more like "Dolly dee")
A few minutes later, she was still rushing to that meeting.  "Holy Cow!  My got to get to my meeting at the church!"  (I just love hearing myself... Can you tell we rush out the door a lot?  And apparently, I say golly gee and holy cow while we are doing so.)

Tonight we went to the Dollar Store to pick up a prize Emmy earned as well as a few one dollar gifts for a family party.  Emmy chose gum, so we went over the rules of gum on our way home in the car, including that we always spit it out in the garbage or the toilet.  As we were getting pajamas on this evening, I told Emmy she had one more minute with her gum and then needed to spit it out.  She told me it was already out of flavor and left to spit it out. "Remember to 'pit it in the darbage or the potty!" Abby called after her.  "Good job to remember, Abby," I praised her.  "You will know what to do with gum when you are old enough to have it."  "Last night, when my have gum..." Abby started to tell me, and I remembered that she had had a piece of Double Bubble from her Halloween candy that morning.  "Did you spit it out in the garbage or did you swallow it?" I asked her.  "Emmy tell me no 'wallow it, so my not 'wallow it," she insisted.  "Well, what did you do with it?"  "My just chew it.  My chew it until it all gone!"  (But she did NOT swallow it!)

A couple of weeks ago, I was getting ready to give Brett a haircut.  He told me he would grab the stool if I would be in charge of the clippers.  Abby ran into our bathroom and I heard Brett say, "I think Mommy likes to use these ones."  When I got to the girls' bathroom, there were my fingernail clippers sitting on the counter.  She heard we needed clippers, so she grabbed some.  We have two pairs, one that Brett uses and one that I use (simply because we both had nail clippers when we got married), so that explains the exchange between her and Brett.  How sweet and thoughtful of her to grab the only clippers she knew of!

1 comment:

Merilee said...

I can totally relate to hearing yourself through the mouth of your daughter -- Ashilene will tell me things like, "Hurry up! We're going to be late!" Tonight she told me that she needed to work on the "finances".;)