I started to get very worried the week before Thanksgiving. You see, I realized that I needed to get all the Christmas shopping done, make Christmas dresses and vest for my kids, and make a few Christmas gifts for the kids. It was looking very overwhelming and I didn't know where to start or if I could even get it all done.
Then I made a plan. I would sew for an hour a night after the kids were in bed. Then I would have half an hour to spend with Brett before heading to bed around 10. It was a great plan that helped me feel like I could get everything done. And I did get everything done. But I never got to bed before 11.
First on the list were the Christmas outfits so the kids would wear them on the Sundays leading up to Christmas.
Aaron looking so handsome in his vest:
Trying to catch Emmy holding still enough for a picture. (She was very uncooperative after church.)
An attempt to get both girls: (Abby was following Emmy's uncooperative lead, but at least I got one great picture of her!)
I am so happy with how they turned out! My mom was especially helpful with the girls' dresses. She stayed up way too late one night helping me cut them out. The red fabric is pleated, so we had to fuse knit interfacing to each piece so it won't stretch funny. I never would have attempted it without her help (and they wouldn't have been so pretty either)!
During my other after-bedtime hours, I
- finished Aaron's car mat quilt (that was supposed to be done before he was born but didn't get finished (I was going to get A LOT done in those 12 days before his due date!) so it turned into his big Christmas present from us).
- made a dress-up dress for Abby (her big present from us, along with dress-up shoes).
-helped Mrs. Claus make a matching dress-up dress for Abby's doll.
And now I will actually have time to blog!
No comments:
Post a Comment